I know, I can’t believe I’m writing this post either.
But it’s true. It’s something we’ve discussed for a while, and now feels like the right time part to ways. We are moving on up in the camper van world – one size up, that is.
And so, we’re putting Totoyaya up for sale – and willing to sell her to the right person.
Who’s that person? Someone who’s going to keep traveling with her, who knows how to take care of an old vehicle, and who’s going to love her as much as us. Totoyaya has an amazing history, so if you’re looking for spare parts or a car to take out for a drive once in a while, this vehicle isn’t for you.
If, however, you’re looking for that perfect vehicle for a long-term overland adventure of your own, check out the details on our vehicle ad below:
For sale: 1988 Toyota Land Cruiser BJ75
3B engine, LHD, H55 transmission, 24-volt system. 602,500km. No problem for few hundred thousand more because almost all kms in open spaces (Patagonia, Alaska, Sahara, etc.) so gear box hasn’t taken a beating.
Seats two, according to current registration.
Vehicle registered in France but has been imported into the US (obtained a 7501 form). The buyer is responsible for registering the vehicle.
VIN# JT1VOBJ7509002306 (registered as “fourgon”, or van, not 4WD or RV – so easier to import)
Camper van cell on back (made in December 2012): Aluminium/polyurethane 40mm-panels. Inside dimension: L 270cm X l 200cm X h 170cm. Permanent bed 190cm X 120cm.
Total weight 3.1 tons (the same weight as original vehicle).
This cruiser fits in a high cube container (already done 2 trips inside HC container).
Sold with the following:
- 32 litres Engel fridge
- 24 volts ARB (CKMA24) compressor, (this cruiser is 24v) new from September 2015, never used…
- Air-conditioned powered by old R12 gas, you will have to change the gas
- Reinforced suspensions
- Old Man Emu shock absorbers
- Firestone air suspensions (back)
- New roof Thule ventilator
- Big awning 3.5m long from Howling Moon South Africa
- Lots of Land Cruiser spare parts never use like relays, Edic system, motor fuel control, regulator, computer emission control, new original kit for rebuild the starter (no need to change it now, it starts without problem but just last year we were still on the way for a second trip around the world with Totoyaya so we took advantage to buy this kit when in Europe, hard to find after…), etc.
- Foam mattress 120x90cm
Selling for USD$13,500 firm.
Arrived in Halifax, Canada, in August 2016. Currently in Phoenix, Arizona.
This vehicle is in great shape for a 1988. Check out a few photos under the hood and chassis: